Counselling and psychotherapy are terms that are often used interchangeably and refer to a process of making changes that enrich your experience of life and sense of well-being.
Counselling can also be viewed as shorter-term therapy to help solve a particular problem, with psychotherapy tending to involve deeper work and potentially long-lasting transformation.
The benefits of engaging in therapy can include:
- helping you navigate through life transitions
- relating to challenges as opportunities for personal growth
- gaining fresh perspectives on available choices
- learning new skills, such as managing stress and improving communication
- improved awareness and understanding of your emotions, thought patterns and behaviours.
Having experienced the richly transformative effects of personal therapy, as a therapist I draw on my conviction that counselling and psychotherapy can be of real benefit. I know how difficult it can be to start therapy. And I have experienced how opening to our vulnerabilities is paradoxically a source of strength and deeper connection to others and ourselves. Each person experiences the process of change differently, so at Clear Heart Counselling my role is to ensure your therapy is conducted at a pace that feels right for you.
You could look forward to:
- release from patterns that have restricted you in the past
- enriching your relationships
- creating deeper purpose and meaning.